Which of the following is true with regard to delegation of client care responsibilities? Select all that apply.
1. The nurse must know the nursing model that underlies care at the institution.
2. The nurse delegates in accordance with demands on his/her time.
3. The nurse validates with the nonregistered nurse (non-RN) caregiver that he/she has performed the same activity before.
4. The nurse retains the right to determine which tasks are delegated.
5. The nurse must document that the task has been delegated and to whom.
Delegation involves the reassignment or transfer of selected aspects of a job to selected persons in selected situations. Although responsibility for completion of a task or activity can be delegated, accountability for that task remains with the RN. In delegating nursing acts, functions, or tasks, the RN must consider the nursing model to determine the appropriate delegation of assignment. Prior to delegation, the RN validates that the non-RN caregiver has orientation and experience in completion of the activity. The amount of time the nurse has does not direct the delegation procedure; the focus is on the task and capability of the staff to whom the task is delegated. It is not necessary to document that the task has been delegated and to whom; however, the outcome of the task should be documented by the nurse.
CN: Management of care; CL: Apply
小编寄语：Life is like a container, loaded with more happiness, less trouble.人生就像一个容器，装下的快乐多了，烦恼就少了。