Which of the following diet instructions are appropriate when teaching aclient in the early stages of cirrhosis about nutritional needs? Select all that apply.
1. “Limit your caloric intake so that you don’t become overweight.”
2. “An adequate intake of protein is important to your health.”
3. “I encourage you to eat small, frequent meals.”
4. “Restrict your fluid intake to 1,000 mL/day.”
5. “Limit your alcohol intake to one glass of wine daily.”
Appropriate diet instructions for the client in the early stages of cirrhosis include ensuring an adequate intake of protein and eating small, frequent meals. There is no need to limit protein intake unless the client has evidence of hepatic encephalopathy. Additionally, fluid intake is not restrictedunless the client has significant ascites or edema (these typically occur later in the disease). Because of gastrointestinal dysfunction, small, frequent meals are frequently better tolerated than three regular meals. Clients with cirrhosis should be encouraged to increase their caloric intake instead of restricting it. Alcohol intake in any amount is discouraged.
CN: Physiological adaptation; CL: Synthesize
小编寄语：When destiny wants you to grow up, it will always arrange some unpleasant people or things to stimulate you.命运要你成长的时候，总会安排一些让你不顺心的人或事刺激你。